Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
Get cozy and warm with this tasty Ginger Butternut Squash Soup recipe. It’s easy to make and can be a great addition to your holiday meals with friends and family!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream (optional)
- Soy Sauce/ Tamari
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Cooked Brown Rice
- In a pot, heat olive oil medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until soft, 5-6 minutes. Stir in ginger and cook for 30-60 seconds, just until fragrant. Measure in squash, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and let cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until squash is extremely soft.
- Puree soup using an immersion or regular blender. Return to the pot (if using a regular blender) and add heavy cream (if using).
- Divide soup into separate bowls (with rice, if using) and top with a swirl of soy sauce and a sprinkle of cilantro and sesame seeds.