Leftover Turkey and Nachos Salad Bowl
Given that it’s Thanksgiving month, we know you have your family turkey dinner recipes covered. So here’s a recipe that’ll put your leftovers to good use!
Try this leftover turkey and nachos salad bowl – wholesome, healthy, and easy to make (works with chicken, too!) Who better to provide you with tasty, good-for-your-teeth recipes than your own dentist? This delicious bowl will make sure your post-Thanksgiving Day meal is quick and easy to whip up.
- 3 to 4 cups: leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 Cup Salsa Con Queso cheese (any salsa works!)
- 1 cup diced cooked sweet potato (peeled or skin on)
- 1 cup Broccoli florets or Cauliflower florets (raw or cooked)
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 15-18 Tortilla chips
- 6-8 ounces shredded or diced Roasted or Smoked Turkey
- A handful of sliced Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Sea salt and Pepper to your liking
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup Fresh Cilantro to Garnish
- Garlic Powder to your liking
- Lime -sliced into wedges
- Place salsa in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between, until salsa is warm. Set aside.
- Load up your leftover turkey nacho bowls. Divide your ingredients evenly into two or 3 bowls, starting with the leafy greens. You can also just use one large serving bowl
- Add the cooked sweet potato, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, your tortilla chips, leftover turkey, avocado slices, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Sea Salt/pepper to taste.
- Add a tsp of red pepper flakes to each bowl. Optional garlic powder to sprinkle.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over each salad bowl.
- Scoop your queso on top of each bowl, warmed. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
- Dig In!
Recipe & image Courtesy of: Cotter Crunch.