Pumpkin Turkey Chili
Enjoy a hearty bowl of chili with a healthy twist, perfect for fall. Here’s a great base recipe to build on to according to your chili preferences. If you are looking for a little heat, you can add jalapenos, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Feel free to mix it up!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Calories: 285 per serving
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown.
- Drain, and mix in tomatoes and pumpkin.
- Season with chili powder, pepper, and salt.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Recipe Courtesy of: allrecipes.com